I have feedback or want to contact an organizer, who do I contact?
Email us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible.
What do I as a player need to bring?
All players must bring Photo Identification.
For VGC Players:
Video Game Competition
- A copy (physical or digital) of Pokémon Sword or Pokémon Shield for the Nintendo Switch with the latest game patch installed.
- A fully charged Nintendo Switch with working USB-C port.
- A team of tournament-legal Pokémon (see the Tournament Rules and check back regularly before the event for updated rules).
- Players are strongly encouraged to bring a charger for their systems, as tournament staff will not have chargers available for loan.
- Players are strongly encouraged to bring a wired Nintendo Switch Pro controller to improve their gameplay experience.
- A completed Registration Team Sheet – please see our Entry & Registration page for details.
For TCG Players:
- A completed decklist – this is completed online via the registration process. See Entry & Registration to register.
- A tournament-legal, 60 card deck
For POKKÉN TOURNAMENT DX Players
While players are required to bring their own wired HORI Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad or wired HORI Nintendo Switch Pokkén Tournament DX Pro Pad to compete with, some will be available on first come, first serve basis. Consoles for the competition will be provided.
Please see here for all current Pokkén Tournament DX rules.
How do I register for the Pokémon Oceania International Championships?
Pre-Registration for the Pokémon Oceania International Championship is now open! To purchase tickets, please visit our registration page here: https://internationals.eslpkm.com.au/entryandrego/
Will the recent bushfires in Australia impact the event?
No, although we are monitoring recent events, they will not have an impact on the operation of the tournament. However, for those sensitive to respiratory conditions, we advise you to keep an eye on official Victorian Government health advice when travelling outside.
Will recent global health events (ie. Novel Coronavirus) impact the event?
We are monitoring recent events, and recommend attendees follow official Victorian Government health advice. At the event, free hand sanitizer will be available to all attendees, and we encourage all attendees to regularly wash their hands and generally maintain good hygiene. We also recommend anyone who feels unwell prior to the event to abstain from attending.
How much is it going to cost?
The cost of the event will vary depending on the division a player is in. Competitors can save $10 by pre-registering early online!
- For Masters division players, the early registration fee is $60 AUD
- For Juniors and Seniors division players, the early registration fee is $30 AUD
- Spectators are $15 AUD
All competitors under 18 years of age will be given a complimentary spectator pass.
What do I get for my money?
Not only will you get to enter a fun and awesome competition, just for entering each competitor receives exclusive event merch, including*:
- 2020 Oceania International Hat
- 2020 Oceania International Promo Card
- 2020 Oceania International Playmat
- 2020 Oceania International Pin
- 2020 Oceania International Card Sleeve
- 2020 Oceania International Deck Box
- 2020 Oceania International Lanyard + Spectator/Competitor Badge
*Capacity is limited, register online now before the event sells out
What payment options will be available on the day?
EFT services and cash payment will be available.
What is the tournament structure?
Swiss rounds with elimination top cut.
How many players are allowed to compete?
Please note that the following caps to the number of competing players apply*:
- TCG: 500
- VGC: 500
- Pokkén Tournament DX: 100
* These are soft venue caps. We will endeavor to provide additional capacity beyond that stated above, but can not guarantee it. If you wish to guarantee yourself entry, we advise you pre-register where available!
Can I bring in food and drink to the venue and is there food nearby?
You are welcome to bring your own food and water, however, there will be many options nearby if you would prefer to purchase lunch. Please see our Information page for more details.
Family Friendly Event
The Pokémon Oceania International Championships is a family friendly event. Drugs and alcohol will not be permitted at these events. Persons found in possession of or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be asked to leave the venue.
Check back soon for more updates!
Please note; all information provided may change without notice. Please check this site often for the latest updates.