I have feedback or want to contact an organizer, who do I contact?
Email us at email@example.com and we will endeavor to get back to you as soon as possible.
What do I as a player need to bring?
All players must bring Photo Identification.
For VGC Players:
- A fully charged Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 2DS XL, Nintendo 3DS, Nintendo 3DS XL, New Nintendo 3DS or New Nintendo 3DS XL system.
- A copy of Pokémon Ultra Sun or Pokémon Ultra Moon.
- A team of tournament-legal Pokémon.
- Players are strongly encouraged to bring a charger for their systems, as tournament staff will not have chargers available for loan. Charging stations (240V Australian power boards) will be made available for you to use your own charger.
- A completed Registration Team Sheet – please see our Entry & Registration page for details.
For TCG Players:
- A completed decklist – please see our Entry & Registration page for details.
For POKKÉN TOURNAMENT DX Players
While players are required to bring their own wired HORI Pokkén Tournament Pro Pad or wired HORI Nintendo Switch Pokkén Tournament DX Pro Pad to compete with, some will be available on first come, first serve basis. Consoles for the competition will be provided.
Please see here for all current Pokkén Tournament DX rules.
How do I register for the Pokémon Oceania International Championships?
Pre-Registration for the Pokémon Oceania International Championship is now open! To purchase tickets, please follow the relevant link below:
- For VGC (Video Game Championship) players, please click here!
- For TCG (Trading Card Game) players, please click here!
- For Pokkén Tournament Championship players, please click here!
- For Spectators, please click here!
Players for VCG will have their battle boxes locked during the registration finalization times at the venue. After locking in your Battle Team, choosing to “cancel participation” on your Nintendo 3DS will result in a disqualification from the tournament.
How much is it going to cost?
The cost of the event will vary depending on the division a player is in. Competitors can save $10 by pre-registering early online!
- For Masters division players, the early registration fee is $70 AUD
- For Juniors and Seniors division players, the early registration fee is $40 AUD
- Spectators are $15 AUD
All competitors under 18 years of age will be given a complimentary spectator pass.
What do I get for my money?
Not only will you get to enter a fun and awesome competition, just for entering each competitor receives exclusive event merch!
What payment options will be available on the day?
EFT services and cash payment will be available.
What is the tournament structure?
Swiss rounds with elimination top cut.
How many players are allowed to compete?
Please note that the following caps to the number of competing players apply*:
- TCG: 500
- VGC: 500
- Pokkén Tournament DX: 100
* These are soft venue caps. We will endeavor to provide additional capacity beyond that stated above, but can not guarantee it. If you wish to guarantee yourself entry, we advise you pre-register where available!
Can I bring in food and drink to the venue and is there food nearby?
You are welcome to bring your own food and water, however, there will be many options nearby if you would prefer to purchase lunch. Please see our Information page for more details.
Family Friendly Event
The Pokémon Oceania International Championships is a family friendly event. Drugs and alcohol will not be permitted at these events. Persons found in possession of or under the influence of drugs and/or alcohol will be asked to leave the venue.
Check back soon for more updates!
Please note; all information provided may change without notice. Please check this site often for the latest updates.